Smart by design
Respect the Environment
Sustainable design and development combine with green initiatives to create an eco-friendly community.
- Maryland has named Twinbrook Station one of 14 designated Transit Oriented Developments statewide.
- Twinbrook Station is certified by the U.S. Green Building Council as the first Gold Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND) plan in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Element 12420 is certified by the U.S. Green Building Council with Gold LEED Core and Shell.
- Blink electric vehicle charging stations at 1150 Higgins Place and 12721 Twinbrook Parkway.
- Energy Star® labeled commercial buildings at 12420 Parklawn, 5630 Fishers Lane and 5635 Fishers Lane.
- Annual Earth Day Week events sponsored by The JBG Companies. Click to view photos.
- BigBelly Solar trash receptacle reduces the frequency of trash collection, thus reducing truck traffic.
- Saline pool at The Alaire eliminates the use of chemicals.
- Green roof technology reduces the urban heat island effect at The Alaire.
- E-cycle for electronic waste held all year long at 5635 Fishers Lane.
- BikeShare at The Alaire.
- Smoke-free living at The Alaire, The Terano and Galvan.
- Low-VOC paint reduces toxic emissions into the air.
- 5601 Fishers Lane is certified by the U.S. Green Building Council with Gold LEED New Construction.
- Green roof technology reduces the urban heat island effect at 5601 Fishers Lane.
- Multiple commercial buildings participate in the Global Earth Hour event.
- 5635 Fishers Lane is certified by the U.S. Green Building Council with Gold LEED for Existing Buildings.
- Composting at 5635 Fishers Lane.