Smart by design
Advance Transportation Choice
As one of 14 designated Transit Oriented Developments (TOD) in Maryland, a core goal of Twinbrook is to promote options to reduce vehicle usage.
- Direct access to the Metro on the red line.
- Create a mixed-use neighborhood to promote a pedestrian-friendly environment to live, work, shop, dine, and play.
- Improve walkability with wide sidewalks and improved crosswalks and lighting.
- Blink electric vehicle charging stations at 1150 Higgins Place, 5720 Fishers Lane, 1801 Chapman Avenue and 12721 Twinbrook Parkway.
- Zip cars at the Twinbrook Metro station.
- Bike storage at the Twinbrook Metro station.